************************************************************
| A Philippino Boy with a gootee/ਗੁੱਟੀ(top-knot for Sikh boys) Photo of a photo of him is below. (above pic. was a "bad hair day.") |
| OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE INDEED! 2 other sisters are sitting in the side-cart. The things we do that I never thought we would ever do and yet doing it. . . who knew? |
![]() |
| A green-tea kit-kat! From the Japanese store. *************************************************** Talk about a "halo-halo" type ministry! *******(Halo-halo (Tagalog language for "mix-mix") is a popular Filipino dessert with mixtures of shaved ice, milk, sweet beans, jello and fruits, served in a tall glass or bowl.) ******* This week I studied with a PJ born-again Christian who was shocked to learn the pagan origin of the cross. A PJ, formerly Sikh, atheist - discussed why we can believe there is a God who cares. And some Sikh practicing Hindu's or Hindu practicing Sikhs (I'm not quite sure, it's a halo-halo aka interfaith mind set) In addition to this mixture, Jagdish (progressive study) was visited by a Punjabi speaking Mormon from Pakistan who speaks Urdu - pause break - (in case you need to read that line again) - OK, got it? Yes, exactly that! Jagdish returned home from the KH meeting to find 3 women sitting in her home, one Indian and 2 Philippinos. She assumed they were JW's until she saw a picture in their Bible of Jesus on a cross. (Pray! not for Jagdish, but for the Mormons, Jagdish makes me look like the "quiet one." ) During the next 45 min, the Punjabi Mormon (PJM) told her that many JW's have begun to study with mormons - Jagdish: So then why don't you share your message at the KH which is just 5 min from here? I am only 1 person, at the KH there are 100's. PJM: You should study with us. Jagdish: Why? I am already having a bible study with JW's. And I may not be baptized, but I am just like a Jehovah's Witness. (I almost died when she told me that part ;-0) PJM: if you study with us, god will shower you with all kinds of gifts and blessings, and after a few weeks, you will completely forget what JW's have taught you. . . .(me: oh-oh, that was a bad move, she should not have said that) Jagdish: (She told me later, "when she said that my blood was boiling") ummmmm - (breathe, trying to be nice), can I get you something to drink, hold on. . .(get's up) PJM: no thank you, we are on a ??days fast. Jagdish: What! Why? Why are you fasting? Jesus didn't fast. Actually, he nailed all those requirements on the stake when he died so what is the value in fasting. You must want something. Don't you know that thru Jesus we can ask God for blessings, there is no need to fast, didn't you read in the Bible where Jesus said that as long as he, the bridegroom, is with them they don't need to fast! (me: I dont' even know where it says that, how is it that Jagdish does? . . .). Wow! Jagdish described the rest of the comical scene, - "Didi, they got up to leave, and I was like, 'no no,' please I have more to tell you, but they ran out of the door, and when I walked them (could barely keep up with them) to the door, I yelled, 'please come back Wed. and meet my bible teacher,' but they didn't even look back once or wave goodbye!" I think this is the beginning - the beginning of her making the truth her own. (I hope) ******************************************** |

No comments:
Post a Comment