Monday, June 9, 2014

Updates: C.A, Baguio, Puerta Galera, JB's blog

Circuit Assembly - Indian brother in front is from Bengal. Behind him is Joey from Baypoint PJ - behind me, Sarah and Rajiv.  Next to me is Field Missionary from London, his wife is sitting in the top row - green PJ suit. 


This picture is really a big deal!
I am sitting in front of a home in the city of Baguio (6 hours drive) - it is much much much cooler. It just rained, and I almost need a sweater.
I am drinking a hot cup of chai to , wait for it, ...  to warm me up!
 yes, that's right, TO WARM ME UP!
I can't believe I actually said that!
best moment ever! 



David and his brother Brian - we are on our way to Puerta Galera.
A short trip without a plane ride
- one jeepney ride, one MRT (bart) ride, 1 two hour bus ride, and a one hour boat ride. Phew!
 

Sarah found the perfect bouquet for her wedding.
It's no joke, the water is truly that blue, actually, it's more turquoise and blue than this photo shows. 
No, this is not a "hot" beer commercial. It's just Joey and the boyz playing with their cameras. Instead of writing why I'm gonna beat Joey up this summer, I just copied the story from his blog: it sums it up amusingly well.
(More updates on the studies later - they are doing well, all having trials and obstacles, but remaining faithful.I am homesick, terribly, it's hot, tired of the heat - )
 
p.s. if you leave a comment on my blog, please leave your email if I don't already have it - I can't respond otherwise - in answer to a question about Tony-Emo guy - i lost contact with him, my phone died and i lost all my contacts - haven not heard from him since - I'm sure Jehovah's angel is keeping an eye on him though )                                            Joey's blog: grrrrrrrr
We were walking out to the beach around 3:30am. I have a sheet and a pillow in my hand, ready to go and sleep on the beach... and suddenly, we start hearing noises...

It looked as if the beach resort people had refused to let God's people go or something lol, because there were toads everywhere! (Bad joke, I know...) Anyway, to explain the setting, we had rented three rooms - two for the guys, one for the girls. (I'm sure you can imagine where this story goes... ;)

Now, just know that we had no ill will toward the other girls in their room... The others would simply be collateral damage... We just wanted Sukhi. (w13 10/1 p. 5) 

So what Brian and I did was, having caught a toad, we lowered it very gently and in a caring way through the window (ingeniously, I might add, in my pillowcase tied to a bed sheet...) into the girls' bathroom. We go to the beach, we fall asleep.

Morning comes. We greet the girls at breakfast and all seems to be well. They were talking about how this cute little frog made it in their bathroom, and how they had to let it go. All was well.

So Rajeev says, "I wonder how it got in there... ;) ;) ;)", just like that. You know me, I can't help but smile - and there went my cover. Then their smiles just disappeared! They literally start beating me with water bottles lol, like I had done this vile, despicable thing!

(Sure... When the creepy frog-toad climbs five feet into their window by himself, he's cute... but when we just put it in there - now they're mad...)

So they told me what had happened... Not being at liberty to discuss the awesome details, long story short, Sukhi found him first! Mission accomplished. =)

If you're ever in Manila, feel free to ask Sukhi how she found the toad and what she may or may not have been doing, or may have been in the middle of doing, or may have had to stop doing at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment