Monday, June 23, 2014

Operation McDonalds!

 Our bi-monthly PJ meeting starts at 5:30pm, and after "amen," the ladies need to rush home to avoid domestic issues - it's late and it's dark. So how will they ever know they are not alone facing trials?  I mean, they see each other at the meetings, a quick nod and hello is about as far as it can get.  So we arranged to meet at the Mcd around the corner from the KH about 4pm. Why?

A few days ago, Jagdish phoned me in tears - on top of the layers and layers of trials she is already handling,  her best friend, closer than a sister, died in a horrific accident. She can't take any more! 

Jehovah provided.  The CO was able to join her study this week. It was a-mazing.  All I told her was that this brother visits us once every 6 months. The next day, when we arrived, she made her son stay home from school, told her husband to join the study (he does not oppose but is not interested) because, as she put it, "this elder only visits KH's once every 6 months, and every single person in the KH does not even get to meet and talk to him! But he is visiting "us"! So if we want Jehovah's blessing, we must be here as a family! (what-da, wow! talk about appreciation for Jehovah's provisions eh?)  The visit was priceless.  The CO talked to her in English (she knows zero english) and I played the role of "invisible" translator.  

Then, Saturday she agreed to attend PJ meeting and talk to a PJ speaking elder after the meeting. 

Jagdish and son also agreed to come to Mcd first for a little association at 4pm.     

Mandeep from Baesa agreed to come. 

Parveen from Baesa agreed to come. 

Reetu from Navotas agreed to come.  

"Operation Mcd" is in full swing! Or is it. . . 

Would Saturday be a smooth day?  I think not, and it was not, but Jehovah made it happen. Parveen called in tears at 11am, husband is making her choose between him and Jehovah. Jagdish has had a fever for a few days, and Mandeep was not sure - I frantically text Reetu - "are you ok, satan is working OT today?"  "Yes, I am coming," she replied. Phew! One down, 3 to go.   Well, how did it turn out?

*****************************************************************
    ********************************************************
        *********************************************
              **********************************
                     ********************
                            ********
                              ****
                               **
                                *



 They all made it! 

Jagdish sharing with Reetu, Parveen and Mandeep her list of trials. 
Reetu discussing her experience. 
Jagdish's son, Harjeet playing games with Brother JP. 


The result?  There were tears, there was laughter, there was vomit(from baby Manvi that is :0 ) and new friendships were formed. Most importantly, this was, we hope and pray, the beginning of a spiritual family for these lovely ladies whom we have grown to love as part of Jehovah's organization.  
p.s. Jagdish told the PJ elder that same day after he encouraged her to hold onto Jehovah, "Oh don't worry, I am going to become a Jehovah's Witness no matter what!".

*************************************************************
OLD BLOG ENTRIES CONNECTED TO THESE GUYS SINCE 2011-2013

Jagish and Harjeet at their 1st Tagalog meeting in Nov. 2011

Reetu:
  She was the Sbarro story back in 2011.  

August 15, 2011: 
Mandeep after just 4 visits: “they have been coming to my home for years, and I read the magazines and I really try to understand what is written because I know these have good things in them, but how could I understand unless someone tells me in Punjabi  . . . 


Sept 19, 2011
And then there was Mandeep who demanded, “when you come back next week, do not come like you did today, just for a short time (which was 30 min.), I want you to come for hours, I have so many questions about God!” (and this was just the initial call)

Sept 19, 2011
 . . .  Take Parveen for example – we left her  mags 4 months ago, but we never had a chance to return back – however, while conducting a study at someone’s home, she shows up! (was a relative of hers) -  “I have been waiting for you to come to my house for 4 months, you never came back.”  . . . she asks, “when are you coming back to this house, please tell me, I will come here to learn more, I feel so good after hearing these things.”  So last Sunday she did come to that home and had her 1st study. 

Monday Nov 18 2013
Mandeep said, "Wait, wait, I have a question, that movie showed that some of Jah's people died.  And me -  (pause)  I am not going to meetings.  It is hard for me to go. When Armageddon comes will Jehovah understand that?  Will he understand why I could not attend or will I die like the weak ones in that movie? How does Jah feel about me not going?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment