The kids are seeing a foreigner [me - see car side mirror ] for the 1st time - This is Ansh's neighborhood. Yes, I can attract quite an audience. And I told the kids what I always tell the other street kids: "Don't smoke. It will kill you. And read your Bible Daily." And as usual they reply with a "O Po." Yes ji.
I thought this Uncle-ji was ancient but he's like 64! Initially I was afraid to talk to him because of my pug-phobias, but he was amazingly humble and hungry. Started with the Garden of Eden - then showed him the video from the Convention a few years back, where the old man bends over to wash his face, and then stands up straight and see's himself in the mirror and he's young again. Remember it? The Uncle-ji's eyes opened wide and he loudly says,
"ਇਹ ਸੱਚ ਹੈ!" - "This is the Truth!" And goes onto to explain, "I've grown old on the outside only, but inside I feel young, I don't feel old. I want to do things. I want to live!" Super cute.
And I don't think he got offended when I asked if he remembered hearing stories as a child about 1914! Ahhh, to be a PJ blond is not always the best thing.
p.s. In case your wondering about the flowery paper stuck to my Bible - my bible was tattered and beat up pretty badly. Now, I could rebind it but I made a bet with myself [is that bad?} that before the end of this year the PJ complete NWT will be released.
Meet Regine! She just returned from London with my favourite chocolate bar - Flake. But I think the Harrods bag cost more . . .
PJ Group took a one day trip to Tagatay. So nice to be around nature - no crowds. No noise. Clean air.

Yes I am afraid. But I might wanna order one of these in the paradise.
No comments:
Post a Comment