Thursday, May 30, 2019

San Pedro a bit of "Little India"

We do a lot of "Search-Work" in Cavite.  Driving or walking from street to street - alley to alley - asking if any Indians live on that street.  And it can take hours to find just one. 

And recently, even though, we've discontinued some studies, we still have many that tell us, "sorry, next week po . . .I'm on the phone, please next week eh?" blah blah blah. Frustrating.    Especially when you've travelled an hour just to get there!  It can become a battle of the mind - i.e. don't let it get to you.   

So last week we decided to "Cast the net on the right side  . . ."  (John 21.6) in a town called San Pedro.  About an hour commute (via car). 

Upon entering the apartment compound we see this.  A good indicator there are, more than one, Indians living here. 


And there were! Take a look down below. Behind and in front of me, there are about 6-7 doors. All but 1, are PJs!!!! I felt like we were in India. Literally we did PJ door to door. It was so refreshing. The people were already familiar with who we were and immediately invited us in and asked - "So will you be visiting us every Tuesday?"  I almost didn't know how to answer the question. It was really refreshing.  

That day after 4 hours of service we had talked to 25+ PJs. 
LovE LOVE LOVED IT! 

And their questions! Especially about our connection to the miracle-curing-"Christians" currently providing "cures" in Punjab. Every single door we had to explain 1st that we are no part of that organization. 

So let' see how this side of Cavite works out in the future. 
For now, I am excited about the ministry. 





We found this great coffee shop. And yes, off course, I tried the freak-shake. 




A beautiful ending to a beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment