Sunday, April 19, 2020

Covid Lockdown - Week 5


This week - The phase:  "I can't take it anymore."  
Mostly because of the negative response in the ministry. 
They reply: "No ji - aj me busy aa" - 
What?  Your busy?! During the lockdown . . .seriously?
So then I think - chin up girl - it'll get better. 

This week's CLM part by Brother Sanderson's on finding the lost sheep he quotes from the August 2015 WT - 

" . . .how bad do you expect conditions to become before the great tribulation?  . . .Thus, the Scriptures indicate that world conditions during the last days would not become so extreme that people would be forced to believe that the end is near.." 

But there has to be some now that are sighing and groaning - 
 Where are they?

I can't - "caahnt I say!"  Not cant - proper English please, anyways, I cahnt sit here and not teach - my life - my career - is to teach the truth - I crave it - I love it - I'll just die if I can't speak! (don't even think about laaafing right now - this is my "I'm done" moment) 

Sent messages to everyone, I mean everyone! in my address book.  What? I still have her #?  Wow - message sent. 
Whose he?  Message sent.  Harjinder is done, wait , don't I know a prior Harjinder?!  Scrolling, scrolling, aha, no wait, that's Harjeet, what? She's in here too! Message sent to both. Texted sisters who in the past had asked me to visit them on their island -Never could - but if they have PJ #s, I can try.  So happy these hardworking RP's kept those PJ phone #s. 

Hours later - Harjinder replied. Harjeet replied. Woah - both agreed to a return phone call. Harjinder said she'll call this evening - Tuesday. She didn't. Changed it to Wednesday. Again didn't. 
Thursday she texted and said she'll "Study" Friday.  

By Friday all hopes are dashed to pieces - no one is replying.  Harjinder said 4pm.  Yeah right, pointless to think, "Let's see"  because there ain't anything to see anyway!  Like I said - dashed - not a good day. So by noon I'm already planning to stop service at 4pm.  And enjoy a nice chai-da-cup. 


3.59pm - Received this text on WhatsApp from Harjinder - I'm sure it's a cancellation - AGAIN! 

Below - her message   




Whaaaat!? She's asking which book are we gonna study? 
Jehovah fooled me! And I'm so glad he did. 
She studied back in 2017 and stopped after I moved to Cavite. 

So hope is back. 

And the next day more PJ women replied. 

Lesson learned - when there's a lull - dont be still. 

1 Chron. 28:20 " . . .go to work . . ." 


Memorable Bible Student Comments this week 

Me: When you go outside and look around, do you see just a glimpse of God's love?  
Auntie: {dead serious face} No. 

Me: As a young person  you should always show love to older ones. 
12 yr old : OK I will, just not to my Dadiji, she's soooo mean! 

Me: Psalms 37 meaning of exquisite delight - PJ: Nihaal.
New Bs: It means we will no longer pray because we're gonna be so happy we won't have to pray to god anymore - we'll forget him because we're so happy.  (There's work to do there)

Me: This time don't stop studying ok?
Former Bs: Do you know why I stopped studying? 
 Because you left me! 



Yep - that hurt - straight to the heart. 







No comments:

Post a Comment