Sunday, May 24, 2020

BEFORE The Lockdown I'm so grateful for . . .


In December 2019 none of us could've guessed that a lockdown was coming.  Looking back at Life-Before Lockdown I'm so grateful that: 

1) I was able to attend International Convention with The Marshalls. 
2)  My brother Paul and Deepti from Hayward visited. 
3)  Manjeet from Modesto made it, and we had the best beach trip ever!  Like ever! 

But Most of All This 
Pioneer Service School (PSS) 

A week before December 23rd I rushed back to The Philippines from the USA so I could make it in time for PSS.  

On the 1st day of school, I received a message that my spiritual Dad, Ralph, had had a minor stroke. 
The Gils (FG) who keep an eye on them were also in the hospital with medical issues. 
My room mate's assignment had ended and she was returning back to her province which left me with, do I stay or do I go now?  

I wasn't sure if this was "that moment" - Fly home to say goodbye to Ralph.   I've always dreaded it. But the Gils and I (love them so much) have had a "that moment" action plan these last few years.  

The Gils said - be on standby - we'll let you know tonight. 

My PSS instructors - so kind - "do whatever you need to do". 

My elders - "You're in our prayers sis". 

And what about my heavenly Father? 
He had this to say:
  
The daily text on the 1st day of school

  
Spiritual food, always, at the right time.  Long story short - Fernando said don't come home. Ralph will be OK. And he was, and he still is. 


Gems from PSS
By heeding Bible Principles we rise above the mood of the moment
















No comments:

Post a Comment