Sunday, May 3, 2020

Lockdown Week 7 - Desperate I Am




Desperate - I need more calls, more studies, more anything, please! I can't sit here and twiddle my thumbs  - knitting a sweater ain't gonna cut it. I'll study with anyone - (see above pic). Depression runs in my family - I - must - stay - busy. 

Scrolling and Re-scrolling through my phone contacts isn't changing anything. "Ding!" Who could that be?  
(Note:  Above mentioned groaning was done prayer style - does it count as  prayer?)   Anyways,  whose dinging me? Swipe - nothing in WhatsApp, swipe - nothing in Messenger, hmmmm, oh what about Viber?  Swipe - Nothing. It's just a stinking notification that Mehak, who like Never-Ever replies has signed up for Viber.  Well, it's worth a try - I'll send a hello. 

Me: Hi how are you? 
10 seconds later!!! 
Mehak: I'm fine, how are you?
Me: (wiping the water I was choking on) Doing OK, where are you?  
Mehak: I'm in Jordan. 

So Mehak lives in the USA, was visiting Jordan and is stuck there under the lockdown - She's studied on and off for years.  Long story short: 

Me: Are you having a bible study?
Mehak: No. I was praying to Jehovah just now and wondering if he would take me back because I always quit . . . will you study with me? 
Me: (dropped my phone) 

Lesson: Keep on asking, keep on knocking, keep on complaining . . . if you're gonna complain, complain to the Right Person - Him. 

P.s. Jordan is just 5 hours behind Philippines time. 
 




Isabela has a PJ pre-group. Yesterday they had their 1st meeting. 84 attended which included 9 interested ones, and some of us from Cavite, QC, and even a few sisters from Jalandhar cong. joined - so beautiful to listen to their PJ - pakki, simple, clear.  And a total surprise added a special touch when former missionaries from PJ QC, now serving at the India Branch joined and the brother did closing prayer. 

Love this picture (Below)
When we step back we can see the bigger picture. 



Gem this week 

Hannah transferred her emotional burden to shoulders infinitely broader and stronger than her own - to her Father.  Is any problem too heavy for him?
No - not then, not now, not ever! 
Why?
Cuz His shoulders are bigger than mine. 
(Imitate book) 




No comments:

Post a Comment