Monday, February 17, 2020

Strange but True - A Paranaque Past returns {Part I }


In 2015 we found a PJ house in the most unusual way. - without a doubt it was an angelic find.  The wife and daughter weren't too interested but the men - a father, a son and a cousin were. They would even take the bible from my hands and read directly from it. We had 4 very nice visits followed by many not-at-homes. We didn't want to give up, after all, the way we found them! Then we heard that one of their sisters was dying and they went to India. No return date. OK, satisfied. No reason to call back. 

About 6+ months later in 2016 a bible student asks me, "Hey did you hear they caught the kidnappers . . . ?  See look here!" And shoves her phone in my face to show me a video recording on her face book of the kidnappers being caught live!

I had to catch my breath as I realize I know the kidnappers! It's those 3 nice men we were calling on.  The video shows the father, son and cousin being beaten up by the cops and the victims relatives because the cousin had arranged this kidnapping of his Mama-ji - his uncle!

 My first thoughts, Jehovah directed us to them. But why?  

Below - the 3 "very nice" interested men


Below: The victim. The uncle of the cousin. (His mum's brother). 
It's a heartbreaking interview - he show's the marks where they tortured him. He claims the kidnappers told him they would kill him after they received the ransom money.  They kept him for 10 days. You can tell from the uncle's trembles that he is totally traumatized. I pray one day we can meet him and share the comfort that only God's Kingdom can provide.  



We did meet the uncle after I moved to Cavite in 2017. Little did I know that this paaji lived in Laguna, next door to Cavite. A sister had been calling on him.  I was like, no stinking way! 

Below: We met in 2018.  He started studying in 2019 - he's a good study! His wife and son and daughter in law join the study when they're there. 



 When all this unfolded back in 2016 I couldn't forget those 3 men. 
I can't. It's the way we found them . ..  so unique.  



In 2016, we were able to meet the wife of the father-kidnapper because one of our studies was related to her. I tried preaching to her - not interested. Very bitter. So I asked her if she would give the PJ NWT Bible to Sonu - the son-kidnapper. I remember him.  He had this kindness about him.  I prayed hard that if it was Jehovah's will  - that if this was a case of John 6:44 - please get that Bible into his hands. If miraculously possible at all - could I meet him? Prison conditions in this country are indescribable.  



More stories unfold - are these the same kidnappers that years back had kidnapped a pre-teen son who was killed after the ransom price was paid?  We met the parents back in 2016, they studied briefly and related that story to us.   

How did we find these guys? Picture this - a subdivision with hundreds of homes. We are not even in this subdivision.  My partner and I are doing RV's in a subdivision next door where there are 10 PJ houses. All not interested. Suddenly this gardner appears and tells us to go to the next subdivision. There is ONE PJ family that lives there. But it's a highly secured subdivision that requires us to tell the guard who we are visiting. We pray. We grab a tricycle driver and hope for the best. The trike driver tells the guard I'm a foreigner looking for the indian family. The guard (this is not normal) tells the trike driver the name of the family, the street, how to get there and the colour of the front door.  Angelic direction right?! 

Finding this house was like finding a needle in a haystack -  blindfolded!  That's why I say - it's the way we found them. 

Below - example of the subdivision.  
  




FAST FORWARD TO 2020 CAVITE 




Yesterday, after the meeting, a sister from our PJ group told me that while she was visiting a non-witness relative in prison in the Paranaque area - she saw an Indian man. BEFORE SHE CAN EVEN FINISH HER STORY I threw a plethora of quesitons at her - Age?!  Skin colour?! Hair type?!  - Yes! Yes! Yes! to all my questions and his name? - Sonu!  

Is Jehovah God or what?!   

Still - before I jump to conclusions - I need to make sure of all things. We have a date to go to that prison this coming Sunday. I'm counting the days. 

  






No comments:

Post a Comment