Monday, February 24, 2020

Strange but True - A Paranaque Past returns {Part II }


Un-stinking-believable! 
 That we even got into this high security prison. 
Once there, we had to line up for the 1st security check. 
(see below) 



At the 2nd security check they would not let us in because only family members are allowed to visit. My heart sinks. Is this another failed attempt at trying to get a PJ Bible to Sonu?  It sure feels like it. I am told to sit on the chair away from the entrance. 

Meanwhile the sister who visited here before is trying to explain to the guard that she's been permitted before. They don't believe her.   They ask for dates - There's a lot of talk back and forth, back and forth. 

I look down at the publications I had brought along. The Bible - The BH book - Bible Story book - When Someone You Love Dies {which for this instance wouldn't a better title be: When Someone You Kidnap Dies. JK. I behaved.) 

Praying hard - Jehovah, if you are drawing this person, please make him walk down the stairs - there has to be a way - if you want this to happen, make it happen. 

I get up (have no idea why I did that - I'm terrified of even being in this place). Walk over to the guard (I must be nuts!)  and ask if he would mind giving these books to Sonu. But, they say, they need to be approved. He takes them. I'm told to sit down again. 

I do. Nothing is happening. Nothing.  I get up again (what is wrong with me!?)  and ask the guard (like I am totally fearless! That ain't me, let me tell you- I am the horse in the creation video from last years RC btw) - if he could please give a message to Sonu. He says yes, but I can tell he is not understanding me very well - language barrier. He's having a "nose bleed" *see footnote. 

Me: Would you mind telling Sonu I left the Bible in his language for him . . .?
Guard: Interrupts abruptly - loudly yells to someone above the staircase in super fast Tagalog: "something, something, something, Sonu!" 

OMG - Did he just call Sonu?! I mean, that ain't allowed is it? 
I wait - hoping and afraid for the best. This is insane. Be the horse. Be the horse. Although afraid - always afraid - charges into battle.  

I see a guy that resembles Sonu. It's him! I barely recognize him. He's half the size of what he use to be.  At first he is scared of me. Understandably so - His "career" has created many deserved enemies. He does not recognize me. I can see signs of PTSD in him.  Hurts my heart. Who knows what he's been through.  Prisons are notorious. 
He is allowed to talk to me from the stairs just above my head.  

Me: Do you remember me?
Sonu: Shakes his head
Me: I came to your house with a Philipina and we talked to you about the Bible. 
Sonu: Nods - smiles, says yes, but still looks confused. 
Me: I left a Bible and some books at the office.  
Sonu: OK, I'll go get them. 
Me: Do you remember what God's name is? 
Sonu: No
Me: Slow and loudly - Jehovah 
Sonu: Ya ...Ho Vah?
Me: Yes - if you pray to him, he is a God who forgives if you are sorry for what you have done. 

He says OK, smiles, nods his head, but is looking at me as if what he just heard was from another planet. I'm sure he's been told horrifying stories about what god will do to him next.  

And that was it!  Less than 2 minutes to talk to him! 
He goes back upstairs. I am stunned. What just happened?  Is Jehovah drawing him?  Did Sonu even like what he heard?  

My partners and I turn around to leave, and as we walk past the staircase, what do we see?  Running down the stairs, is Sonu! With 4 bottles of Sprite - 1 for each one of us! 
I think Jehovah just gave us our answer.   

4 Bottles of Sprite given by a grateful heart 

Would you believe we found a Taco Bell on the way home! Jehovah did the unexpected spritually and physically

Our Public Talk this morning was about 1 Cor.6-9-11.  The brother asked - Do we hate the people that do this?  No. We hate the conduct not the person. I needed to hear that of all days today!   

The sister from P'que who was with me in 2015 when we first found that house recalled something I did not - She reminded me: 
" . . .after that visit you promised a Bible for him, but after that we never met them again."  Well guess what?  Jehovah fulfilled that promise didn't he!? 



*see footnote*   The expression ‘nose bleed’ would have to be one of the most interesting, and unique, things that Filipino’s say. The term refers to the idea that if you think too hard, your nose will start to bleed. Filipino’s usually say this in English, nose bleed in Tagalog translates to balinguyngoy.  The saying is generally used in reference to Filipino’s trying to speak English.

When a Filipino tries to communicate in English, but gets stuck on a word and freezes, people around them will say ‘nosebleed’ and all start to laugh. It’s a lighthearted saying that isn’t used to be mean, but often leaves the person feeling a little embarrassed. -  Taken from: "11 Unique Things Filipinos Say to Foreigners" 

No comments:

Post a Comment