Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Taal ਕਰਕੇ Pangasinan happened


When you think things can't get any better, spiritually speaking, they do! From Olongapo I drove  to Clark (1 hour), parked, and travelled with the Budhranis on a Branch assignment to Pangasinan (3 hours).  


How did Pangasinan get it's start? From the QC PJ Language class of 2017 a family from this area graduated.  They live here and started to work the PJ field. That was in 2018.  They taught a PJ class, unofficially, and started having monthly meetings. 

What no one, except Jehovah of course, knew,  was that there was a single PJ sister in Punjab, whose Mum had just died, and now she needed to move from India to her Dad's home. Guess where Dad lives?  You got it, Pangasinan! 
  • She lands in Pangasinan July 2018. The brothers in Punjab are concerned about her spirituality. How will she be fed?  

  • November 2018 She is able to get in touch with a PJ Sister from QC PJ cong.  
 Unbeknown to her, the Pangasinan PJ field service group already had a  PJ meeting in  April and June of 2018.  

The sister needed to go to India temporarily  but returned to Pangasinan in February 2019, and after contacting this group, attended her 1st PJ meeting in The Philippines April 2019. 

Meet Manjinder! Baptized in 2015 in Punjab, India. 

 

And that was just the start of our week. 



Below  - this is where I stayed. 
Budhrani's stayed at a different house not too far. 


Below left : My room had no mirror. 
I learned to be self sufficient. 
Below right: This brother fixed me breakfast every morning, knocked on my door to let me know it was ready - then conducted the daily text, Bethel morning worship style, and then prayed with me every day! So cute!



Above - Rajeev conducted a workshop on PJ culture background etc. 
Below - WT reader is 17 years old. 
Almost everyone in the group can read well. 


***************************************

A few sensational experiences. The kind I'll forever cherish. 

I was in Pangasinan 2011. Don't remember much. It was during those initial months when I didn't like being in The PI and I just wanted to go home. Nuff said. . not a good moment for me. 

Ok so back to the present.  The brothers drop me off at my host's house after the meeting. It's night time. I have to walk down a little alley. I see 3 people walking towards me and I swear they look Indian. As I pass by, I ask,
 "Tusi Punjabi aa?" [Are you PJ?} 
"SUKHI!???" the woman yells. 
Obviously I must have met her earlier that day in the ministry.  
So I ask her, "Asi aj kithe mile c?" [Where did we meet today?]  
She answers: You came to my house in 2011! It's me, Seema! 
Dear me! I am just flabbergasted! 
2011? I hated that year?! What is happening . . .?!

She tells me everything. I remember a extremely downhearted, super duper depressed battered wife back in 2011. Who could barely lift her head up to talk to us. Forget trying to reach her heart with scriptures. It was like reading scriptures to a stone. I do recall leaving her house in 2011 feeling thoroughly hopeless. Eventually the sister calling on her had to stop too. She said she couldn't take it anymore. It was a high state of battered wife syndrome. Could this be the same woman? She's alive! Full of life! 

Me: "What are you doing here?"
Seema: "I moved here." And points to the house, DIRECTLY - OPPOSITE - WHERE - I - AM -STAYING! (Is Jehovah God or what!

I'm speechless. (How often that does happen? That's a rhetorical question)  

"Come over in the morning," she says. 
I will.  

Below: 
I've become use to travelling an hour for a study but I have NEVER, EVER! travelled this distance to go visit a RV! 



Below:
 Visiting Seema - she says she wants me to talk to her cousin whose husband had died.  While the words are yet in her mouth, her cousin calls!  - Seema says,  ਲੈ! It's her! 
That's me talking to her - come to find out, she lives in Laguna, in our territory! Around the block actually, from another studies house! 

One week later, a sister from Pangasinan told me Seema had her 1st bible study.  Keep this one in your prayers. 
**************************

The brothers had been telling me all week that they have a bible study that knows me because the study use to live in Cavite. 
I go and meet the Dad. Mum and kids aren't home. I recognize him but can't place him.  He was not a study otherwise I would have remembered. But I do know him! Why? Dont' know! It's bugging me. 

1 night I can't sleep. So I prayerfully try to place Dad's face somewhere in Cavite. But instead of Dad's face, I remember a boys face. Mohit. 2018.  His neighbour, our bible study,  said she feared for this boys safety.  We had reasons for great concern. He would join the bible studies kid's bible study.

One day he tells us he's moving far way. But doesn't know where. 
We pray with him. 
The only thing I can recall is telling him this: 
"If you want Jehovah's Witnesses to find you no matter where you go, you must tell Jehovah that that is what you want." 
COULD THAT BE MOHIT'S DAD!? I use to call on his parents.  

I should text the brother and ask him if the kids name is Mohit! I pick up the phone. It's close to midnight. 
Better wait. 
Now I really can't sleep

The next day - confirmed. It is! 
[Is Jehovah God or what?!

 

We read Isaiah 41:10, 13. I asked Mohit if he believes that Jehovah is the one who found him. He smiles and says yes. The brothers found Mohit about 6 months after he moved here. We are so happy that Mohit is safe with Jehovah's people, who can keep a special eye on him. 

  


Above: 
Do you remember a picture of me studying with a PJ woman, in the 2013 WT?  This is her sister! That was a nice surprise. 

*******************

The last day with the Pangasinan group. 
We were so sad to end our week.  
The last day consisted of a going away gathering, cakes, interviews and gifts.  
 

 Below: 
A tearful interview 

Below: 
One sister said, us leaving was like when the brothers didn't want Paul to leave. 


So if anyone is considering being a need greater, short or long term, consider Pangasinan. The group is young and very zealous and fun.  They are begging for training! 




No comments:

Post a Comment