Saturday, February 8, 2020

Taal ਕਰਕੇ we ended up in Bataan

 Me: Abucay
Cheetsos and Zaragozas: Orion 
Budhranis: (not on map) Clark - an hour+ from QC 

Note: Olongapo - 
(an hour drive from Abucay)
there is an English cong there that has a few pubs working the PJ field . 
That is where we had Pioneer School and they had begged us to come and help them in the PJ field. 
Never did we think we actually would be here, just 2 weeks later. 

I drive from Quezon City to Abucay in Bataan.  
Cheetsos and Zaragoza's are at the home of my room mate in Orion (not Oh.ryan -  Oh.ree.yon) 
I'm ready!  I have maps.me, talks and music, chips, water and of course M&Ms. 


Below is the family from Australia who asked me to go with them to Bataan. I am so happy to be there with them. I thank Jehovah for them.  We had met in Paranaque years back, and were totally surprised to be in the same pioneer class just 2 weeks earlier. It was nice to re bond.  

After driving about 3 hours, they text me to tell me they are not coming!  

I am just like . . .now I'm at the home of a very nice couple, whom I don't know well, and I'm alone! 



The next morning I can't get out of bed. The host, who was 1 of the instructors for our pioneer school has lovingly made arrangements for me to do PJ calls in their neighborhood. I can't.  I don't want to. Maybe I wouldn't be here if I had just stayed in the USA and taken care of Storments. Doubts. Confusion.  Depression. I think I was having a meltdown. "Jehovah, please let me know if I've made stupid decisions. . ." 
Then my phone dings. It's a email from a sister who does not email often, actually, hardly at all. The point that gave me breath, strength to get up, get dressed and go: 


It was just what I needed to hear. 
Even the cup I drank chai from had a message for me. 



I had to do ministry alone until 3pm. Everyone was at work. But I met many PJ's, and then met up with a sister from France serving in the Tagalog field. 

Below: Kristin joined us the next day. Kyle from Olongapo English also came. We met PJs that day that had never, they claim, met JWs. Very nice conversations, definitely worth calling back on. 


 Below: my Host, and the Orion gang meet up for Pizza. 



 Below

It's sad to write this, but a week before Taal erupted Cheetsos had informed us that they would be returning to the USA because they needed to be near family.  No parties please.  

2 weeks before that my room mate, Raquel found out her assignment had ended.
I can't forget that night, because the following day, Raquel says, "Did you hear?!" and I'm like, oh no, now what?  
She says: "Trump's been impeached". 
Too many shocks in a 24 hour period. 

None of us had planned for a volcano eruption to interrupt our lives. 

So now it seems we won't be able to say our goodbyes properly. 

So it seems . . .


SURPRISE! 
 The Silang PJ group organized a surprise trip, leaving at 5am, 5+ hours of travel to come and say goodbye to the Cheetsos. 
Now that is what Love Never Fails is all about. 


The message on Raquel's cake; 
Raquel umuwi ka na di na ako galet , Taal vulcano
Raquel, Go back home, I'm not mad anymore, Taal volcano

Strange but true  - Cheetsos and Raquel came to Cavite in January 2018 just about a week apart. 
And both return home about the same time. 



Our drive home from the meeting - from Olongapo to Bataan. 


 Gems I picked up along the way: 
1)  The safest place to be is under Jehovah's wings. 
2)  Isaiah 49:14, 16 - replace "Zion" with 'Satan' - "So Satan kept saying . . .Jehovah has forgotten you . . ." but in V16 Jehovah replies: ". . .look Sukhi on my palms I have engraved you. . ." 



No comments:

Post a Comment